03 novembro 2017

Intercâmbio TH!NK: youth & the post-truth era

O intercâmbio TH!NK: youth & the post-truth era decorreu de 9 a 17 de Outubro de 2017 em Lisboa. Aqui ficam uns pequenos testemunhos dos participantes da Escócia. 

Shelby Johnston, Scotland
As a wee gal from Scotland, being able to share hilarious and educational experiences with some beautiful folk from across the world has been mega!Spending time working in groups talking about Scotland's current political stance and comparing it to other countries has been beyond beneficial for me to realise how I deal with the daily political news and how ignorant I've been to other peoples situations- all of which are totally different yet somehow have relatable aspects.THE GRUB (dinners) HAVE BEEN BEEN FAB. Having a chance to explore other country's traditional meals & to just chill with them at breaks and at night has been one of the highlights, seeing peoples humour and trying to teach people the Scottish dialect has been a pretty good laugh and we can speak at a decent speed and be understood at this point in the week... we've adopted some honorary Scots along the way.One of the most magical moments for me on the trip was on the way to visit the castle and coming across another Hang Drum (musical instrument) player... I play one at home and was able to have a shot of one on the sunny streets of Portugal which couldn't have put a bigger cheeser on my face. 
Portugal chums, I'll be back. 

Brad Burrowes, Scotland 
My name's Brad and this was my first time in Portugal and also my first youth exchange. I am very grateful to have been given this opportunity through A&M Scotland as it had been a great experience and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. The youth exchange has helped me see the way people from different cultures live and how they differ to mines, the exchange has also changed my perspective on life and has made me realise there is much more to life than just staying in my own city and not exploring the world. I really enjoyed experiencing different food from the other cultures and enjoyed the task of having to make food for 30 people as this was the first time I'd done anything of the sort. My favourite part of the exchange was when we took the day trip out to the museum and castle:I learned the struggles that people in Portugal went through and how times have changed also the trip around the castle was great the I was mesmerised by the views and how nice the city really is , all in all I enjoyed my whole experience on the exchange and would I've the opportunity to do something like this again. 

Les McGovern, Scotland 
The spin exchange has changed my perspective on life as it allowed me to experience many different cultures and how they differ to my very own. I will be heading back to Glasgow with a new mindset, motivated and ready to tackle new challenges which will hopefully better me as a person. I can not thank spin enough for gifting me with such a great opportunity as this was, after all, my very first time I have had the chance to travel to another country. This is a chapter in my life I will never forget as I made new friends for life and not learned about other cultures but also learned a lot about myself. Again words cant express how much I have enjoyed living here in Portugal. 

Sam Donnelly, Scotland
Coming on this trip has been an amazing experience I feel I have learned a lot and my confidence has grown, it has been a life-changing experience and I would love to do it again, if I could go back I would do things a little differently but I will use this as a learning experience, I have loved getting to know everyone and learning about new cultures, everyone has been so nice and friendly I will miss the people and spin, thank you for giving me this opportunity I can't wait to go home and make other people aware of the things we have learned. 

Jasmine Main, Scotland 
My name is Jasmine and I am a youth worker from Glasgow, Scotland. I had been on many youth exchange projects as a young person and was delighted to be asked by our organisation to accompany young people as a staff member and team leader to Lisbon for 10 days. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching young people from all over the world bond and laugh over life experiences and cultural differences. I know these experiences and memories will stay with them for life and I can't wait to see the effect it will have on their lives back home in Scotland.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário